Planning to change your existing smart phone? Or looking for an upgrade? Well, the upcoming holiday season could be the fitting time to look out for more options.
We have listed down 10 new entrants in the smart phone congregation that are worth your attention. Lets have a look at their specs, performance and hardware to clear the clutter and choose what best suits for you.
In no particular order, here are top 10 smart phones to buy this Christmas.
1. Samsung Galaxy S8: Priced at €599, Samsung’s new entrant S8 comes with a 5.8 inch display screen. With sleek design and edge-to-edge display, it makes it look dazzling. Samsung ditched its center home button and went with infinity screen. Finger print sensor has been placed along side its 12mp powerful camera. Apart from fingerprint it can be unlocked with now evolving iris scanner. It has a 3000mAh non-removable.
All in all, S8 has ticked all the boxes and is one of the most desired smart phones of 2017.
2. iPhone 8: There is not much to say when you talk about Apple’s phones; you know you are putting your money in the correct direction when you plan to buy an iPhone. Apple brought in its new A11 bionic chip with the iPhone 8. Along with this came the wireless charging and 64GB storage variant.
Apart from this, there is nothing new from its predecessors; 12 MP camera, quad-led display and 2GB RAM. This will not be a recommended upgrade for already existing iPhone 7 users. However, if you still want to buy an iPhone, we recommend this handset, except that it does not have a headphone jack. Yes, we hate that too!
3. Google Pixel 2: When it comes to Pixel 2, there is one thing which outperforms every other smart phone that exists. And that is, it’s camera. This device takes some of the best photographs even in tricky or low light conditions, thanks to its power-packed software.
The body is IP67 certified - dust and water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes. In terms of look and feel, Pixel 2 gets knocked out 3-0 among the other competitors. However, note this, in terms of software and camera it delivers the most astounding experience compared to any other Android devices.
4. Huawei Mate 10: Till date, Mate 10 pro is the best bet to come out of Huawei’s pocket. It comes with a 6 inch display, 18:8 AMOLED screen, slim bezels and a water tight body. It comes packed with the new Kirin 970 chipset, sidelining the more common ones like Snapdragon or Adreno.
The Leica Dual camera is something amazing with a high-resolution monochrome sensor, manual mode and smart scene recognition. Along with a water-proof body Huawei’s Mate 10 runs with fast-chargeable 4000mAh battery. Mate 10 can be called sharp yet delicate, elegant and powerful.
5. Honor 7x: A sub-brand of Huawei, Honor is known for great quality devices at modest prices. With a 16 MP dual camera + 2 MP front, Android 7.0 OS, Kiri 659 Octa core processor, Honor 7x packs a powerful punch.
Honor goes out of its way to talk about build quality. It says it has strengthened all four corners of the phone so it can better withstand drops. Honor has pretty much everything right with 7x. With the price tag it comes with, Honor 7x is not something to be ignored.
6. Meizu M6 Note: With the latest Android 7.1.2 M6 Note from Meizu comes with a price tag of €269. It’s hardware is sleek with a simple design. With Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 under its hood, M6 Note comes with 3GB RAM.
The fingerprint sensor works decently fast. Also with 4000mAh battery, the device lasts long throughout the day. If there is one thing to learn from Google Pixel and Pixel XL, then it is that, Megapixels do not matter for quality photographs. Even with the 12 Mp rear camera the M6 Note takes good quality photographs. Overall a budget phone with some top of the shelf features.
These are some of our best picks this holiday season. Either you are planning to buy one for yourself or planning to gift it to someone, we are pretty sure you wouldn’t be disappointed.